Give these Activities a Try!
Book: Bitter Chocolate
Activity: Dark Chocolate Blood Moons
In this activity you will make you own dark chocolate blood moons, inspired by the story of Blood Moon and Cacao Woman from Flying Fish Press’s Bitter Chocolate. The recipe makes dark, full shapes reminiscent of full moons, using simple, wholesome ingredients (like Blood Moon could have found in the field in the story). Find the recipe below!
Dark Chocolate Blood Moons
5 ounces 85% Dark Chocolate
1 small package raspberries
1 tablespoon sea salt
2 ounces salted cashew halves
1. Cover a cookie sheet with a piece of wax paper.
2. Crush up cashew halves into small pieces.
3. Melt the chocolate in a small pot on the stove on low heat. Stir while melting to ensure
even heating throughout.
4. Use a tablespoon to pour out drops of melted chocolate onto wax paper, keeping each
drop circular to resemble Blood Moon.
5. Place a single raspberry onto each Blood Moon.
6. Sprinkle some crushed cashews onto each Blood Moon.
7. Top each Blood Moon with a sprinkle of sea salt to finish your healthy treat!
8. Finally, place your cookie sheet into the freezer for about 15 minutes to harden the